Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Durian Fruit

Beware - stay well clear of this fruit.

During buffet dinner Mandy advises me to avoid eating anything with Durian in. It's a big fruit that grows in Asia and the Singapore people love it!! Deep fried in savoury dishes, in puddings, wherever in fact....

After dinner check out a kooky ice-cream parlour called Udders. Although I'm not about to buy any ice cream after 4 plates of food at dinner the smiley guy behind the counter is willing for us to sample his delicious ice cream.

He sells me into the Durian Deluxe ice cream - because of his beaming smile i couldn't say no.....
I have no idea what excrement of any sort tastes like but this stuff I would imagine would come close. I am retching. Quickly wash down with some Tiramisu ice cream (which is divine). Mandy finding hilarious. Sadly the durian repeats on me for the rest of the night.

Sample at your own risk - you have been warned.

1 comment:

  1. Loving your words love. Especially love that lots of your stories are about food or clothes - a girl after me own heart! Keep em coming! Lots of love to you. Katie B x

    ReplyDelete